PLI provides skills and training for civic engagement. Resources necessary to be a leader and to impact positive change for children and the community will be provided. Participants will have a working knowledge of government, media, civic relations, and available community resources. Parents have the potential to be agents of change.
- Determine goals for action in their community based on their passion;
- Explore what it means to be a parent and acknowledge that a parent can simply be anyone who cares about children ;
- Brings together families across race, class, and culture.
- Create an environment where children view their parents as leaders;
- Make a real difference in the health, happiness, and success of the children in your community;
- Address important children’s issues such as health, quality schooling, and neighborhood safety.
- Raise awareness of both the needs as well as its resources;
- Enable parents to have a seat around the table to influence policy and process decisions.